The safety and wellbeing of our clients and colleagues is always our first priority, even more so during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Following the latest guidance and advice from the World Health Organisation and the Government, we’ve made some practical decisions in order to protect the wellbeing of our clients and colleagues.
Please find the following documentation which is available to download.
Following recent announcements with regards to escalating the UK’s response to dealing with the Coronavirus and delaying its spread, this article outlines the steps that SPS Group (ICS Cleaning Ltd. and SPS Security Ltd.), is taking to help keep staff and clients safe. Maintaining a consistent and reactive service where possible.
We understand that the Prime Minister (or a senior government figure) will be delivering daily TV updates, and in response, our senior management team will be holding regular internal meetings to adapt to the current situation. We plan to keep you updated on our position regularly and follow the guidance given on Public Health England websites.
The main points of the announcement are:
- If a person has a cough that is new and continuous, or a person has a temperature above 37.8°C, they must self-isolate for 7 days starting 13th March 2020.
If you self-isolate the principle is to stay at home and:
- Do not travel
- Minimise contact with others as much as possible
- Do not have visitors
- Stay 1-2 metres away from others within the home
- Stay in areas that others in the house are not using – for example your bedroom and bathroom
Do not go out in public areas, if you must go out:
- Consider a face mask
- Make trips short
- Avoid large crowds
- Avoid touching objects
- Use hand sanitiser
Monitor your health regularly:
- Review how you feel
- Take your temperature at least once per day
Throughout, we will ensure we are aware of your current situation and maintain regular contact.
What are we doing?
- Providing Toolbox Training for all staff (see download, link provided above)
- Issuing posters for client sites and cleaning cupboards (see download, link provided above)
- Encouraging handwashing and sanitising for all staff (see download, link provided above)
- Providing security staff with sanitising equipment and appropriate PPE where necessary
- Ensuring staff understand the importance of covering their mouth when coughing or sneezing, with tissues being disposed of immediately, and washing their hands (see download, link provided above)
- Regular cleaning of both the head offices and the regional offices to ensure business continuity
- Ensuring toilets are kept clean and well-stocked (see download, link provided above)
- Taking steps to prepare staff for remote/home working where possible
- Only holding essential client meetings – non-essential meetings can be carried out by conference call, telephone, Skype etc.
- Reviewing all Operational Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Exploring ways of mass communication to all clients and staff, such as SMS texting, website updates etc.
- Keeping ourselves up to date with Public Health England (PHE) and relaying regular updates and advice to staff
What do we ask our customers/sites to do?
- Keep up to date with Public Health England (PHE)
- Guide staff about the importance of adhering to PHE advice
- Inform us immediately if any staff or their family members has been tested positive for COVID-19
- Provide us with your disaster recovery plan and any changes to site policies and operational procedures (if applicable)
What will we do if a staff member is unable to attend the site?
- In the event, we are notified that a member of our staff needs to enter a period of self-isolation for 7 days, as per today’s government advice, we will inform you with as much detail as possible as soon as is practicable. We will also do our very best to deploy an alternative member of staff to your site.
- If owing to shortage of capacity we cannot provide another member of staff, we will liaise with you to ensure all tasks critical to health, safety and security are undertaken to minimise the impact to your site.
What will we do in the event of an outbreak at your site?
- Provide a quote to provide a specialist disinfectant cleaning service to your premises (see download, link provided above)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01482 226 570