Conflict Management Training
Conflict Management Level 2
The HABC Level 2 Award in Conflict Management has been developed to meet the requirements of individuals who require training in conflict management. It is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public. It can also be a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and feel more confident in being able to deal with situations if they arise.
This qualification is generic and can be applied to a wide range of learners and sectors.
Following the completion of this award the learner will know how to:
- communicate to solve problems and reduce the potential for conflict
- identify the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- use good practice after conflict situations
“How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?”
This qualification is usually achieved by taking a 2 day course.
“How is the qualification assessed?”
This can be done by either of the following two options:
Option 1 – Multiple-Choice Assessment Learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions across the breadth of the course syllabus within a 1-hour time frame.
Option 2 – Open Response Assessment Learners must provide a short response to questions across the breadth of the course syllabus throughout the duration of the course.
Although this is a generic qualification, progression and further learning routes can include:
• HABC Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (QCF).