Introduction to Mental Health Awareness
This knowledge-only qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment and wish to develop their knowledge of mental health awareness.
This course is intended for:
This 1/2 day course is aimed at giving learners the knowledge required to identify possible mental health conditions in others. The course also provides people the skills needed to start a conversation with a person with mental health problems, and direct that person towards professional help.
This course will benefit an organisation because:
A nationally recognised Ofqual regulated course provides organisations with the basic introduction to First Aid for Mental Health.
This course looks at providing delegates with a skill set and confidence to identify and signpost possible Mental Health conditions. Reducing the impact on individuals and the organization.
Who is this course for?
This course is for staff at all levels in all sectors of industry and business where a company has identified the requirements or wish to improve their understanding of Mental Health
- What is first aid for mental health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is Mental Health and its impact on ourselves and the workplace
- Begin a conversation and reduce stigma around mental health in the workplace
- Identify stress in others and themselves, and use common coping strategies
- Understand who to turn to for professional support